Thursday, January 7, 2016

"Coming Up For Air"

I retired so that my life wouldn't be so hectic - but, paradoxically, I like to keep busy, especially in winter. It keeps me from thinking too much about the cold weather outdoors. I no longer enjoy playing outdoors in winter, like I did as a child.

So this week - as I take down Christmas decorations - I am also rushing around doing a few things that need to be done before I get busy again next week: health card renewal, passport renewal, car license renewal... Not to mention an overdue haircut...

Next week my "winter schedule" begins. From mid-January to early April, I plan to do pottery twice a week in a nearby studio. "Playing in mud" - as some potters describe it - is a lot of fun!

This week - as I rush around running errands done before "diving" into my winter schedule, I feel as if I've briefly "come up for air" to re-orient my focus ... 

(And to think that I retired to have more time to relax!)

No comments:

Post a Comment