Sunday, January 10, 2016

When the time is right...

I'm by nature an impatient person: I like to get things done quickly and move on. Others in my family don't share this trait, so I'm trying to develop patience, to use when needed! That may be why I found a comment by Joyce Meyer so interesting when I read it this past week.

In the Biblical book of Leviticus, God promises: "I will give you rain in due season." Rain, in the Bible, often symbolizes God's blessing:  We need it - but there's nothing we can do, in a drought, to make it rain (except to pray that God will do something!) Like the snow outside these days, rain is a gift from God. Nothing we do can start... or stop it! 

When is due season? Joyce asks. I believe it is when God knows we are ready, when everyone else is ready, and when it fits into God's corporate plan. God has an individual plan for our individual lives, but He also has a corporate plan for the entire world...

God does not push, shove, demand, manipulate, or force people. He leads, guides, prompts, and suggests. Then, each individual is responsible to give his or her will over to Him for His purpose. Sometimes this takes longer for one person than for another...

Our wait is easier to endure when we believe God's timing is perfect, and He is never late, not one single day...

There is a right time for all things in our lives, and there is safety in being in God's perfect timing...

I also want to remind you to enjoy where you are while you are on the way to where you are going... Enjoy today, because right now it's all you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment