Sunday, January 24, 2016

Promises

I am reading through the Bible chronologically again, for the second time, slowly, a chapter - or sometimes less - a day.

Sometimes - as in the 26th chapter of the Old Testament book of Leviticus - the words are so rich, I return to them a second day to reflect on the amazing promises God makes to those who serve Him:

"I am the Lord your God... Observe my Sabbaths and have reverence for my sanctuary... If you follow my decrees and obey my commandments, I will send you rain in due season... you will eat all the food you want and live safely in your land.

"I will grant peace in the land... and no one will make you afraid...

"I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers..."

These are words to return to and re-read whenever I feel discouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment