Thursday, January 21, 2016

Will a Facial Brush Work For Me?

I recently bought a battery operated brush to gently wash my face with a circular motion... (Would it work as well as the electric toothbrush I have used for years...?)

I tried it... After wetting my face and applying a non-foaming liquid facial cleanser that I sometimes used, I let the brush massage my face for the allotted time - until it automatically stopped.

Then I rinsed my face with water. My forehead and cheeks were a little red. Was this normal? Or was I applying too much pressure?

The following day I used the brush again...This time my forehead was irritated and my cheeks had red patches, as if I were breaking out. Was I doing something wrong?

I waited a week, until my face had returned to normal...

This time I used the foaming cleanser sample that had come with the brush. After rinsing it off, I applied an overnight moisturizing cream. I didn't want to take any more chances and irritate my skin again...










For me, the brush would definitely not be suitable for daily use.
The recommended time (on the timer) is definitely too long for my skin - I would be better off with a simpler brush that had no timer.
If I wanted to exfoliate my face on a regular basis, a simple facecloth would probably do the job.


No comments:

Post a Comment