Friday, January 8, 2016

Enjoying the Sun

I read recently that there are health benefits to walking outdoors on a sunny day, even in winter when the sun's rays are weaker...

I don't walk outdoors a lot these days - for fear of slipping on ice. But I do try to sit in a sunny window whenever the sun shines through.









For half an hour or so in the morning, I sit in my south-facing study. It's a good opportunity to sort through things that accumulate on my desk or read a newspaper and at the same time bask in the sunlight.








In the afternoon, I sit beside a west-facing window to read or knit.

I don't know how many healthful rays get through to my skin - but even if I'm not producing a lot of vitamin D, the sun's brightness and warmth do cheer me up!


No comments:

Post a Comment