Saturday, January 30, 2016

Escaping Snow in Toronto

A week ago I took the train to Toronto, partly to escape Ottawa's snow and ice-covered streets. It felt good to switch from winter boots to shoes...

Toronto temperatures are usually a little warmer than Ottawa's - not a lot. But I was thrilled to find almost no snow on the ground.

Getting out and walking was one of my priorities, since sidewalks were safe and bare.






As I wandered around, I was surprised to see that rental bikes hadn't been put away for the winter. This stand was near Ryerson University.

I didn't see a lot of cyclists though - only one, with a toque and white beard, weaving in and out of traffic on a busy downtown street. (I wonder if he was riding for work or for pleasure...)

I can walk again! I feel like I'm in Honolulu, I said to my daughter, thinking of mid-winter escapes in previous years.


Mom, it's not that warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment