Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Crochet... on Hold(?)

I love to crochet. It's the simplest of creative endeavors. All that is needed is a crochet hook and yarn.Stored in a bag - it's the most portable of pastimes! Over the years, I've crocheted clothing and shawls - taking them with me when I travel. But these days I tend to focus on afghans...

I usually have at least one crochet project on the go - though currently I have three! A few years ago, I started this long afghan in Amish colors, I put it aside when I began knitting mitered afghans a year or so ago, and I haven't worked on it much lately.












I started to crochet again after learning a new crochet stitch this summer - basket weave. I've been doing a lot of that.









I finished this winter neck warmer... which needs to be sewn into a circle... (And have enough wool for another...)









I've also been using up scraps of yarn making this basket-weave afghan. I'd like to enlarge it to twice this size...

But now my wrist has (again) begun to hurt when I crochet, caused by the repetitive wrist motion. I've decided to take a break until it heals to avoid injuring it permanently.

Once I've started working on something, I find it hard to put aside!

No comments:

Post a Comment