Wednesday, November 18, 2015

A Second Set of Eyes

My goal, the past month or so, has been to paint a quick watercolor picture every morning - following a free online lesson (on You Tube) by the British painter, Alan Owen.

It's been a lot of fun. I particularly appreciate the quickness of his painting, as I follow along. Most take about half an hour. After this "loose" little painting exercise, I move on to other things...

I often get so caught up in painting that I fail to see my own work objectively. That's when a second set of eyes comes in handy!


In this painting, the focus was on painting trees.

Is it a forest fire? my daughter asked when I sent her a picture of the day's exercise...

I don't think it was meant to. But, you're right. It does look like it!





Maybe if I add some branches. Would that give the impression of red-leafed bushes?

After playing around for a while, I decided that this was as good as I could make it! It now looks - to me - like trees and grass in the snow...

Unfortunately I didn't totally eliminate the idea that there could also be a fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment