Sunday, November 1, 2015

Change One Thing!

I was having a spa day, getting my nails done - a rare luxury. (A mother's day gift from my son.)

Sitting there, I noticed a magazine I've never seen before (More)

The title of an article featured on the cover caught my eye: "Change One Small Habit, Change Your Life"... I leaned over to reach for the magazine - but by then my fingernail polish was wet... Was it worth ruining a manicure for?! Probably not!

So I sat there, thinking about the title - wondering if changing any habit of mine would change my life...


What about never eating dessert?! That might lower my blood sugar levels... and remove a vast array of health issues!

Maybe I should give it a try...

When I got home, I looked up the magazine article online. The author had been challenged to get up early to write rather than simply ease into his day. The idea to change his habit had came from a book I have also been reading: Better than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives.

(I haven't managed to finish the book yet!)

Well, I managed to resist desserts for two days! It was hard, but I did it!

I wonder how long the author managed to get up at 5:30!

(The problem with changing habits is: We like them! That's why they're so ingrained!)

No comments:

Post a Comment