Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Air Plant Arrangements

When I recently saw these air plants in a vase, I was reminded of my air-plant experience.

I once bought three "air plants" at a flower show. They don't need much light - and they can be put into any kind of container without soil. They do need warmth and humidity, as their natural habitat is the jungle.

I gave one plant to my mother, who at the time lived in an apartment here in the city. I gave the second to my daughter, who then lived in a small Toronto attic apartment. And I kept the third for myself.

This is a test to see who is the best gardener! I jokingly told them. My mother's lived the longest! She took it into the bathroom whenever she showered. Otherwise it sat in the living room. She also had the habit of talking to plants! I wish I'd have thought to create an arrangement as lovely as this one! I simply kept it in a saucer on the bathroom sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment