Monday, November 2, 2015

Are We Stuck With Community Mailboxes?!!

I'm not a fan of community mailboxes.

I don't relish the idea of walking a block and a half on icy roads to pick up my mail, especially since our roads are icy for 5 months out of 12 - a detail ignored by the thoughtless member of Parliament who smugly commented that exercise is good for seniors...

(Will money saved in postal carrier costs be lost in hospital bills?!)



For some, the problem has disappeared - for now, anyway.

The new government promised that they would continue door-to-door delivery of mail. In fact, last Monday, Canada Post announced that the transition to community mailboxes would be stopped... for those whose delivery service hadn't been changed yet.


Our problem??

Last Monday we got our first delivery of community mailbox mail! So I wonder... Are we included in the change??!!

Time to write to my new MP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment