Saturday, May 30, 2015

Recipe for Date Bread Muffins

I recently made some delicious date muffins by modifying a date bread recipe in my old LLL cookbook.

1. I briefly boiled:
  • 1 1/2 cups of dates in 
  • 1 1/2 cups of water.
2. To this I added 2 tablespoons of butter





3. When that mixture had cooled a bit, I added dry ingredients:
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 2 3/4 cups of flour (as usual, I mixed together different types of flour to increase the protein and the fiber content: 3/4 cup spelt, 1/2 soy flour, 1 tablespoon each of psyllium and wheat germ, unbleached white flour making up the rest.)
  • 1 cup (not the 1 1/2 cups called for) of white sugar
  • 1 egg
After mixing it well, I spooned the mixture into 20 muffin tins. The date muffins tasted delicious - and, in my opinion, they were sweet enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment