Friday, May 29, 2015

Iris Season

My perennial garden is moving into a new phase of color: the purple and blue of "iris season."

As the euphorbia that was in full bloom a week ago loses its brightness...











And the lovely white anemones turn into round seed pods...












The irises are beginning to bloom. Most are tall with purple flowers...
















But there are a few tiny ones, too - tucked away under taller plants...

















These bountiful bunches are a third kind.

All the irises were transplants from the garden of a friend. I'm glad I have them. They are a bridge between my spring flowers and the bright early summer ones that will bloom next in line.

I love perennials! My only "complaint" is that the blooming season of each flower is too short. I'd like them all to bloom a little longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment