Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mid-May Flowers

It's "tulip season" - the third spring "season" described by a local plant expert I heard speak a few weeks ago. (The first two are "crocus season" and "daffodil season.")

At this time in spring, the bleeding heart is still blooming.












The Euphorbia (or cushion spurge) I bought a few years ago has a mass of flowers.












And the lovely anemones (or windflowers) have surprised me with their cheery blooms.












(And, of course, it's dandelion season, too!)

I still have a few tulips in the back yard, where it's shadier - but the ones in my front yard are gone. (Perhaps the squirrels helped them along.)

But a few miles - or kilometers - away from our house, Ottawa's famous tulips are still in full bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment