Thursday, May 21, 2015

Montreal Street Art: Spring 2015

Knowing how hard it is to paint small pictures, I'm in awe of artists who create large murals on the sides of city buildings.

I managed to photograph some on my last visit to downtown Montreal.
















Who paints these? I wonder... 












Are they all done by local artists?














There are different styles - sometimes, even on the same building!




Some look like graffiti - and they may be!
Others are more realistic.












Some are a real mish-mash! (I wonder what the message is here!)












Are impulsive last-minute changes possible, given the large scale of the pictures?











Do artists work on these alone, or in a team?
 











How long do they take to make?!

Do neighbors ever complain?!

(So many questions I'd like to ask a mural artist... if I ever met one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment