Friday, March 27, 2015

Spring Seeds

I used to plant tomato seeds indoors in spring - then transplant them outdoors when the weather was warmer. I haven't done that in years. But I'm again thinking of seeding indoors... ornamental grass seed, that is.

I've had this seed-head from my neighbor Mary's garden since 2013, when I used it as a model in a botanical painting class.











Ornamental grasses don't do that well in our yard... But maybe I could try again... by seeding it indoors and, if it grows, transplanting it into the garden...

That's not a new idea, according to the February 2013 blog post that I linked to above! What kept me from doing it?!

While I'm looking at the old painting, maybe I should touch it up first! (Would a few darker shadows make the picture look more realistic?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment