Thursday, March 19, 2015

Library e-Books

I don't use the public library much anymore. I prefer to buy books - no due back date! After our public library stopped stamping the "date due" in the backs of books, I was constantly paying overdue fees - five dollars here and there! Eventually I concluded it wouldn't cost much more to buy the book!

But I may have found a perfect solution to my library dilemma - downloadable e-books and audio books that are automatically "returned": they disappear from the e-reader on the due back date.

One of my kids gave me an e-reader a few Christmases ago. I rarely use it - so I've been working on figuring out this e-library-thing out.

A few days ago, I downloaded an audiobook, which I now listen to while I knit. Next I hope to find an e-book I want to read (though it is nice to be read to)....

But for now I'd better get just one book at a time. That way I may be finished by the due back date - when the "book" will conveniently "return itself" to the library and disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment