Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Another Sorting Treasure

The past few months have been "sorting season" for me as I try to get rid of lots of things we no longer need.

Going through old cards and mementos, I came across an old wedding invitation. I didn't remember attending the wedding... Why not?!

I see... It happened around the time we were expecting our first child!

But we did see the couple a few times since and even met their children. But we hadn't been in touch for at least a dozen years.

Where might they live now? There must be an internet link... So I googled ... and "struck gold"!

An email followed, then a quick response. A few minutes later, a very surprized Carol and I were "chatting" - typing messages back and forth.

Hopefully we'll be in touch again soon.

Another internet success story: Facebook and email reconnecting old friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment