Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Late Winter Flight from the Cold

It has been a long, cold winter...


Finally Terry (who hates to fly) suggested I get away for a week. (My daughter was happy to come along.)
















One of the fascinating aspects of flying - for me - is seeing aerial views of places I may never visit...
















Like landing in Denver to change planes... I've never been here. (I didn't realize the Rocky Mountains were that far away.)















On the next leg of our journey, the pilot pointed out that we were passing over part of the Grand Canyon...
















It's a place I've always wanted to visit...













But it wouldn't look like this from ground level.










 

Then, after flying over water for almost five hours, a strange sight appeared in the blue. What was it? An optical illusion of clouds or sea?

Soon the pilot informed us that we were seeing one of the nearby Hawaiian islands. Our destination, Honolulu, was now only a short distance away!

No comments:

Post a Comment