Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Quilting Generation Gap

Toss any fabric scrap that is smaller than the palm of your hand, my daughter's quilting instructor tells her students...

Of course, I disagree... (Raised by parents whose earliest memories were the hungry depression years, I find it hard to throw anything away!)

What about crumb quilting? I respond. Look at all the interesting fabric designs I make with small bits of leftover fabric. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these squares yet, but I like them...









(What I don't mention is the time it takes to sew together these tiny bits of fabric. Do I value my time enough?... The saver in me kicks in.) 

Collect all the small pieces, I tell her. Give them to me - I can use them...

Mom, really! I don't plan to do that!




No comments:

Post a Comment