Monday, March 16, 2015

My Mom's Business Cards

My mother had a hard time throwing things away... And so do I! But this is my (indoor) season of sorting... and tossing.

Going through the bundle of business cards my mother kept, I found one of a long-lost relative. I have memories of staying at his parents' farm in summer, and when I was 10, of attending his wedding there.

He was apparently an electrical engineer. (I didn't know that.) The last time I saw him was when he and his wife visited my parents in Kelowna. They must have loved it, as they eventually retired in Vernon, just up the road.

I discovered this detail from the death announcement I that came up when I googled his name.

Of course, this doesn't make throwing the business card away any easier!

(Amazing what one can discover online!)

No comments:

Post a Comment