Monday, March 23, 2015

No! Not Chocolate-Dipped Potato Chips!

In my ongoing efforts to watch what I eat, I have stopped buying chocolate, my favorite indulgence. The family members I live with haven't noticed: Their favorite junk foods are soda and chips. Fortunately these have absolutely no appeal to me.

Recently one of my sons brought home a new kind of potato chip: ones dipped in chocolate!

Here, try one, he said.

Reluctantly, I did... To my surprise, they were delicious (to a chocolate lover like me)... But full of calories, salt and fat! Definitely not something I want to find in the cupboard! I would find them too hard to resist.

Fortunately the true chip lovers in my family found the chocolate too distracting from the salty chip-taste they loved.  So hopefully chocolate-covered potato chips won't find their way back!

No comments:

Post a Comment