Thursday, March 5, 2015

How Long Does It Take To Get a Bell Canada Refund?

I don't usually use my blog for complaining... But today is an exception: The problem has gone on far too long.

Last summer I cancelled my mother's telephone service. In July she lost much of her vision, and she was no longer able to see the phone. The person I talked to said her line would be disconnected on August 22, 2014, and it was. I was given a cancellation number for reference...

A month later, in September, I received a bill indicating that there was a credit of just over thirty dollars in her account. I expected a refund to follow.

Another month passed. In October I received a bill indicating that the balance was zero - but there was no check included in the bill. I phoned to inquire. The service representative indicated that refunds took a while to process. The refund had been approved, but not sent. I would receive it by mid-December (in approximately 6 weeks).

Christmas came and went - still no check in the mail. On February 2, 2015, I called to inquire. I spoke with Angelo EY31075, who suggested I have the account changed to my address, not my mother's - though I have always received the mail sent to my mother's nursing home address. He told me that I should receive the refund within 3 weeks.

A month passed. Still no refund.

Yesterday, I called 310-BELL, asking to speak to a supervisor. I was told that that was impossible, but that I could be transferred to "accounts." At that point, I was transferred to Jay EY29146.

Are you in accounts? I asked.

No, but I can help you.

At this point I started to get angry. Not only had I been lied to, but I was having a hard time understanding this new person's accent... After years of teaching English to immigrants, there are very few accents I can't grasp, though mumbling in any accent is hard to understand.

Poor Jay bore the wrath of my accumulated frustration and responded by telling me I was constantly interrupting, making it hard to explain.

Excuses were given. I was again assured that the refund would be issued. This time I was told I would have it in two weeks...

Should I believe them? I'll keep you posted.

How long does it take to get a Bell Canada refund? I have no idea - after more than six months of waiting, I haven't received it yet.

3 comments:

  1. just wondering if you ever got your refund?...it took me 6 months of fighting and threatening before I ever got mine. Got to hate Bell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get it shortly thereafter. I was so frustrated that I was ready to leave Bell... We also use Bell. But unfortunately there are few alternatives.
    So the refund took 7 months. Equally disturbing is the fact that I probably wouldn't have gotten it without my numerous calls to remind them. I wonder how much unrefunded money they have kept over the years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update...I too was under the impression they are or someone is sitting on unrefunded money for sure!

      Delete