Friday, February 21, 2014

Using Wonky Pots

I remember reading that a certain potter had to practice making mugs and bowls for a year before she was actually allowed to fire one and glaze it. Anything less than perfect was squashed, the clay reused again and again. The instructor apparently didn't value anything that was less-than-perfect.














I'm glad my pottery instructors allow us to see our progress by firing even our wonky pots - though at times, I admit, I don't know what to use them for!














I kept the base of one of my mug attempts - fired it and glazed it. Now what to use this tiny saucer for?!  Hmmm... A tea-bag holder perhaps? Though I don't drink a lot of tea...


















It could come in handy as a cover for this mug that I bought from a potter at a local farmers market.


















I often start a cup of coffee, then forget about it as I read or blog. A lid would help it stay warm a little longer!


No comments:

Post a Comment