Friday, February 7, 2014

Mat-Cutting Class

Are you going out again?! Terry asks as I head for yet another winter class - this time, several short sessions on learning to cut mats - the kind used in picture frames.

 
















It takes my mind off the weather! 


















And sometimes - as is the case with this one - I come home several hours later with something to show for my time... colorful mats for photographs and art work.














You are learning a dying art, the instructor tells us. Modern mats are computer generated. You punch dimensions into a computer and a machine cuts the mat paper to the specified size.

(Come to think of it, much of my time is spent doing other "dying" arts like knitting, hand quilting and cooking. But that doesn't stop me from doing - and enjoying them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment