Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Time to Take Out Old Gardening Magazines

The snow is swirling outside my window as I leaf through old gardening magazines, tearing out articles and pictures I want to keep.














Basement shelves hold stacks of magazines I plan to look through and toss - after harvesting interesting articles. Now in mid-winter these gardening ones appeal to me most. Time to plan my return to outdoor life.














I am drawn to things that never would have attracted my attention until now - like these interesting textured pots...














And these leaves stuck on to this flower pot. I'd like to learn how to do that.














I tear out gardening tips, articles on color blocking and design principles.


















Also some projects I'd like Terry to make - like this garden bench. (I'd be willing to do the sanding if he agreed to do the rest!)


















I remember this Halifax garden of giant plants. I wonder if Ottawa's climate has enough rain to pull that off...














Inspiration! Ideas! As with everything I am doing these days, learning something new reminds me how much more there is to know. I'm glad there are experts out there willing to share their tips and suggestions. We simply can't be experts in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment