Friday, February 28, 2014

Pottery Update: Glazed Results

These days I spend Thursday mornings doing pottery on my own, practicing what I learned last fall in my first pottery class using the wheel.














Yesterday eight of the pots I had glazed were waiting for me.














Among them was the plate I had chipped - then sanded - that I mentioned in yesterday's blog post.














There is a little dent in it - hopefully no one will notice!














My next batch - four pots seen here on a shelf in the kiln room, waiting to be fired the first time - will include two with handles! (Attaching handles is another lesson I've had to learn!)

I'm having so much fun doing pottery - something I first thought about learning when I was in my 20s! Why did it take me so long to finally sign up for a course?! (But then again - it's good to have "unrealized dreams" to pursue in retirement!)

No comments:

Post a Comment