Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quilt Inspiration

Inspiration can come at the most unlikely times, in the most unlikely places!

I was sitting in a hospital waiting area... when my eyes caught sight of a wall hanging - squares and rectangles made of random scraps of fabric.














What a wonderful way to use up some of the fabric I have left over from various quilting projects... But I didn't have a pencil... or my camera.

I stared at the quilt, trying to remember the pattern... Then my name was called.

Can I borrow a pen for a minute? I asked the medical receptionist. I just saw a quilt I really like hanging in the waiting room, and I want to jot down the pattern.

So while she asked me questions, I sketched...














The following day, I returned with a camera, and (careful to avoid the heads of waiting people) managed to quickly snap the picture above.

Stay tuned for further developments... probably sometime this coming winter - when I am stuck indoors and my "quilting season" begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment