Sunday, September 25, 2011

Count Your Blessings!

I was not feeling thankful when my son called...










...to say that he had broken his nose playing soccer and was in the emergency room waiting to see a doctor.

(Bending down to do a header - hitting the ball with his head - he had accidentally been kicked in the face.)

Will this change his appearance? Will he have breathing or sinus problems? I wondered.

But later - when he called again to say that... Yes, his nose was broken...










...but the doctor had said that he had been kicked in the right place:

Any higher, and he would have had a concussion...

Any lower, and he would have lost some teeth...


At that point, I was truly thankful!

(I guess all thankfulness begins with a sense of perspective.)

No comments:

Post a Comment