Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mid-September at Maplelawn Garden

I recently went back to the historic Maplelawn Flower Garden in Ottawa to see what was blooming there in mid-September.














I had been there in early August and published a post at that time.














Which flowers are now blooming? I wondered...














Do they have some of the same flowers I have in my garden?














There were a few...














But there were others I didn't recognize...














My goal is to have a perennial garden in constant bloom from spring to late autumn, though not as large as this one!














Maplelawn Garden does have a stone wall enclosing it, creating a less windy micro-climate than my wind-blown yard...














But it is interesting to see what grows well in my zone 5 area!

No comments:

Post a Comment