Monday, September 5, 2011

Folding Plastic Bags

Plastic bags are an essential part of my daily life. I take them grocery shopping with me to "re-use" them. But keeping them tidy is a constant challenge.

A few months ago, I shared a Martha Stewart tip on storing them in old tissue boxes...

Now I want to share a way to fold them into tidy little "packages" that fit easily into a purse or pocket... This trick was taught to me by my aunt Evelyn (my uncle Ron's wife)...














1. First fold the bag lengthwise into a narrow strip.














2. Then fold one end over (making a triangle that touches one side of the strip.














3. Fold that triangle up...














4. Then over...














5. Then up..... And so on until there is only a small unfolded piece left.














5 Tuck this bit into the folded "pocket."














Voila!
[There you go!] A plastic bag in a tidy triangle that won't easily come undone! A perfect way to carry it in a pocket or purse....


















P.S. I discovered that this method also works well...














... for cloth bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment