Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Flowers Indoors... And Out

The end of July has brought new blooms to my perennial beds - and a few new African violets indoors.














I am particularly happy to see some new plants blooming.














This small one - with its first flower - grew from a leaf that sprouted in soil. (I have about a 90% success rate with this method.)














I confess I'm always surprised to see them bloom in summer, as I view them as my "winter flowers."














Outdoors, I see a few flowers I remember from previous years...














... though I don't remember all their names!














Several years ago, a friend divided her plant and gave me roots that have grown into these tall yellow flowers. They are doing well.














And I had totally forgotten about these two-toned lilies.














I'm happy to see two bunches of echinacea flowers - last year I only had one!














I'm also glad to see this lovely day lily blooming. Nancy (from Sunlight Gardens Nursery) gave it to us several years ago.

The phlox is also beginning to bloom in all its colors.














... and this yellow tea rose (a Christmas gift to my mother) is beginning to bloom. I don't remember if it is the one I planted this year or last. Whenever she visits, she asks about her roses.














Every few weeks my garden looks different!














I love the ones - like the hostas - that stay all season long!

No comments:

Post a Comment