Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Doing It The RIGHT way...

Our first year of marriage was a period of adjustment for both of us. But it helped to have friends who were in a similar situation, other newly-weds who were dealing with adjustments of their own.

We had only been married a short time when Don told me I was putting the roll of toilet paper on the wrong way, Jan told me. I hadn't really thought about a right way or a wrong way, but after Don explained it to me, I understood - and now I always put the roll on the "right" way...

I listened intently - but forgot to ask what the "right" way was!

I, too, had never thought about a right or wrong way of putting on a roll of toilet paper... but the next time I had to do the task, I studied the options... In the end, I decided that I, too, liked the logic of the "right" way!















And ever since then, I've stuck to my "right" way... even going so far as to change it, if someone put it on "wrong."

So you can imagine my surprise when, visiting these same friends not long ago, I discovered that...


















... Their "right" way was not the same as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment