Friday, December 17, 2010

A Special Treat














View from Parliament Hill in Ottawa...


















I often walk near Parliament Hill - the seat of Canada's federal government - but I don't usually go inside the buildings... (There are free tours, but I haven't taken one in years!)


















Recently, however, I was invited to breakfast in one of the Parliamentary dining rooms...














I felt a little out of place in these elegant surroundings, here in my city... yet a world away from my daily life!

(I suppose every city has different "worlds.")


















As I returned to mine, I couldn't help but notice that here on Parliament Hill, they had construction woes too! (That's something we have in common!)














There goes the sidewalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment