Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Creating a Personal Travel Souvenir

Problem: Now that I take digital pictures, I rarely print them up or have them developed. Instead, I upload them to a memory stick and view them on the computer. But hidden away in digital form, they are all too often forgotten. I haven't created a photo album for years. (Which is a pity...)

That may soon change.

Before booking my recent trip to London, England, I did a lot of online research, using the Trip Advisor website. So after returning home, I posted a review of the hotel we had stayed in. We were very happy with our choice - and since people usually only write to complain about bad experiences, I thought a positive hotel review could be helpful to others, like me.

After uploading my review, I was pleasantly surprised to receive an online gift coupon for a 20-page photobook from Shutterfly (an online photo developing company in the US). I would only have to pay for shipping - and any extra pages I decided to put in the book.

I quickly decided to take up the offer. Uploading and arranging the photographs was fun.














I was even able to use photos on the front and back covers of the book... which arrived a few days ago.














Now I am thinking of creating picture books of other memorable vacations I have taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment