Friday, October 1, 2010

Mystery Afghan: Clue 2

I haven't made an afghan in years - but this year I have decided to follow the Bernat Yarn blog for 12 weeks and create a 24-square mystery afghan... (where the end result is a mystery!)














Clue 2 for the second set of (two) squares came out on Wednesday. This week's pattern is for a "granny square."

In the past, I have made these squares using different colors of yarn for every row, but this pattern calls for using only one color - a contrasting color to last week's squares. There are so many lacy holes that this pattern crochets up quickly!

As I look at the four squares I have now made, I wonder how last week's densely crocheted squares will work with this week's lacy "granny squares."

Will putting them both in the same afghan be a little like (for example) sewing lace squares and leather squares into the same patchwork quilt?

I guess we'll see! For now how it will all fit together is a "mystery" to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment