Friday, October 29, 2010

Clue 6: Mystery Afghan

This is week 6 of the 12-week Mystery Afghan project... My big news is that my supply of leftover yarn - in this thickness - is running low... (Which is good and bad! I wanted to use it all up - just not so soon!)

I have been hunting high and low for other scraps, and managed to find a ball that is a little heavier than the yarn I have been using... left over from a sweater I made a few years ago. Hopefully, it won't look bulkier than the rest and out of place...














I suspect I'll have to buy more yarn in the next week or two.














I managed to have enough light green for this week's four squares of the shell stitch...














But I did use the entire ball of light green. (Now this is all that's left of my original yarn.)














This week's squares - a lacy pattern - went quickly...














In contrast, I have only finished about half of last week's 16 squares...














I will continue plodding along!














Hopefully they'll all be done by next week. Here is my pile of finished squares... from the past five weeks... beside the unfinished ones.

And here are the instructions for this week's square: clue 6 - in case you want to try it... (Has anyone else been trying to keep up with this mystery afghan?)

No comments:

Post a Comment