Friday, October 15, 2010

Afghan Week 4

Last week's eight squares were a crochet marathon for me - but I did manage to get them done by Wednesday morning, the day this week's clues were revealed!

This week (week 4) is presenting a new challenge - changing yarn colors - not my favorite thing, as the ends need to be tucked in and well hidden!

This week, my 12-week mystery afghan challenge is to crochet four striped squares.

The yarn I'm using for this afghan is, in part, left over from a sweater I knit a few years back.














It has lots of colors - and this week I can use some of them up making colorful stripes.














But I won't have enough leftovers to make all four squares the same. I hope they look okay when assembled! (In the middle of the second square, I ran out of light blue. I definitely won't have enough red for all 4 either.) That's one of the problems in doing this "mystery" afghan: I have no idea what it is supposed to look like in the end!














For anyone following, here are the instructions (in pdf format) for the week 4 striped square.

No comments:

Post a Comment