Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just When It Seems Impossible...

I was sitting in my favorite chair early yesterday morning... reflecting on some things that I was hoping for (and praying for...) Wondering how they could ever happen...














... when suddenly I noticed - on the wall opposite me - the shadow of our framed stained-glass picture that hangs in the window.














This would not have been remarkable, except that it was morning - when the sun rises in the east... But our window faces north and the light shining in was coming from the west!














Light from the north-west often shines through the window on summer evenings - but not in the morning!

This was unusual! Where was the light coming from?!

Looking out the window, I saw that it was early morning sunlight reflecting off some trees...














Do trees normally normally reflect dawn light?
Or was it happening today because the trees were wet and glistening from overnight rain?

I don't recall ever seeing this before...

Was God reminding me (in this unusual feat of nature) that He can make things happen in ways I don't expect, contrary to normal logic?

That's what it felt like...

I am now looking forward to
surprising answers to my prayers - as wonderful and unexpected as this early morning western sunlight shining in through my northern window in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment