Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Painted Owls

In a recent blog, I mentioned the fun of learning how to make funny-looking birds in Tim Thibeault's hand-building class. I learned so much!

The first bird I made - the tall white one on the left - is based on his style...









Then I started to make clay owls...















Tim encouraged us to experiment with new techniques. For me, that included painting glaze on them...

I was so worried about how they'd turn out. I hate to ruin a piece that I like.












But I ended up really pleased with how my first two turned out... I plan to continue using this technique.

The whole experience reminded me that taking a class from time to time does expand one's repertoire of techniques... and one's sense of satisfaction. Even when it comes to hobbies, it's possible to get into a rut!

No comments:

Post a Comment