Saturday, May 2, 2020

Home-made Granola

The last time I visited her (before Christmas) my daughter gave me a jar of her home-made granola.

I enjoyed it so much - as a topping for yogurt - that I decided to make my own.

I rarely follow a recipe - but I did check one online, for ideas and proportions:

I mixed together about 5 cups of oats, half a cup each of wheat germ, soy flour and coconut flour. I sprinkled in a generous amount of ground cinnamon.



Then I added half a cup of coconut oil melted in half a cup of water.

When this was gently mixed, I poured about a quarter of a cup of liquid honey over it all and mixed it again.

Then I tossed in about a cup each of hazelnuts, raisins and dried (sweetened) cranberries.

I spread the mixture out on a several cookie sheets, baking the mixture at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour. Every 20 minutes or so, I mixed the granola to avoid burning it.

I'm really enjoying this not-too-sweet addition to my daily yogurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment