Saturday, March 28, 2020

Sunday Day Trip: Ottawa to Cardinal

Last Sunday, Terry and I went for a drive in the country for a change of scene...

We drove past farms - and saw evidence that snow was slowly melting...










We stopped at Vernon, to take pictures of this old country churchyard...











The farther south we drove, the less snow we saw...

Is it warmer here than Ottawa? I asked Terry.

They didn't get as much snow here as we did, he replied...





When we reached the St. Lawrence River, we turned west towards Cardinal...

I always find this rocky channel so interesting...

I keep meaning to read up on the history of Cardinal... Was this an early canal that pre-dated the St. Lawrence Seaway...?




The ladders going down to the canal left me wondering if people used to moor their private boats here...










Not far away, we saw a few people on the ice...

Holes had been drilled...

Were they ice-fishing...? Or cutting up the ice to make the canal passable?

Whatever they were doing, it looked dangerous to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment