Tuesday, March 3, 2020

FREE UNLIMITED Photo storage?

It's sometimes hard to keep up in this computer world!

Not long ago, I tried to upload a photo to my blog... But a message blocked my way, informing me that I had maxed out my free Google photo space - so I needed to upgrade my account for a monthly fee...

What to do?! Delete some of my photos, perhaps?!

I deleted at least a hundred online photos - it felt like I was cleaning out my closet!

But after an hour of deleting pictures, my account still was full. It hadn't made much difference...

Should I stop adding photos to my blog?! Or re-use old ones?!

After giving it some thought, I concluded that I derive a lot of pleasure from blogging... And it wasn't all that unreasonable to have to pay for for additional online photo storage... After all, my other hobbies have costs involved.

But first, I asked my daughter-in-law what she had done... She also had a google photo account - and had been getting warnings that she too was also running out of space..

What I don't understand, I told her, is that online google calls it  "unlimited free" photo storage...

I've just discovered that it is free and unlimited if the photo files are compressed... she told me. I compressed mine and now I have lots of storage...

Compressed?!

Back I headed to my photo account to look for a compression option...

Eureka! Success! So glad someone was able to help me... just as I was on the verge of signing up for more photo space!



No comments:

Post a Comment