Thursday, January 23, 2020

One Good Thing About Winter...

I'm not a winter person. I don't ski or skate. I'd be perfectly happy in a snow-less environment.

Winter keeps me indoors much of the time...

When I'm indoors, I'm often motivated to go through things, getting rid of what I no longer need.

That's what I've been doing for the past few days.

If today were sunny and warm, I'd want to head outdoors. But not today...








A year ago, I read Marie Kondo's two books on tidying up. She calls it a joy. I found her books very helpful... I love her system of folding and organizing drawers...

I've managed to keep this tea towel drawer tidy for the past year with no effort at all.






Last year I worked on closets and drawers; this winter I've been motivated to go through all my kitchen cupboards.

First I clear them...







Then I look for boxes, bins and baskets to put things in.










Sometimes a great box simply doesn't fit into the space allotted...That's disappointing... "Back to the drawing board!"

Marie Kondo stresses not having more than one stash of the same item in different places...

It takes time to figure things out. But I'm hoping that, if winter lingers, I may actually get the whole kitchen done. That would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment