Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Celebrating: Our Printer is Working Again!

Late last summer Terry decided to switch internet providers - to save money.  Two negative consequences resulted: our wireless printer no longer worked. The computer's operating system couldn't accept the idea that we had made a change and refused to connect to the printer!

Consequently, we haven't been able to print anything for months.

The second - equally annoying - problem is that my cell phone doesn't get a good internet connection at the back of the house, with our new provider's weaker signal. I keep being asked if I want to log on to my neighbor's wifi!

Recently things came to a head when I needed to print a shipping label to return a defective product I had bought online...

After several hours of trying to connect the printer to the computer using a cable... (Forget wifi!) I eventually got the printer to work! I really have no idea how!

But I'm so thankful... I was on the verge of telling Terry I needed to go out and get a new computer with compatible printer NOW!

(At times like this, I sometimes think about my grandparents, who didn't even own a TV. Had they heard about life as we know it - with internet, wifi, skype, online shopping, household computers and printers  - they would surely have shaken their heads in disbelief! )





No comments:

Post a Comment