Monday, September 17, 2018

IKEA Wisdom

I enjoy looking through IKEA catalogs. I'm always on the lookout for new storage solutions.

Over the years, we have bought a lot of IKEA furniture. One of my favorites is our dining room buffet, which we've had  for a long time...

I'm sure that every room in the house has something from IKEA in it!












My "no-TV" room has quite a few things from IKEA: from the book-case under the window to  the basket-woven table my computer sits on... Plus a few more items I notice as I look around.

I say all this, to show that I'm an IKEA regular. I pore over their catalog every year.





This year, together with pictures of products and organizing ideas, their catalog had some organizing "wisdom" that jumped out at me:

Many of us want to live with fewer things, but our belongings represent our memories, hopes and dreams... Items that are emotionally meaningful to us, even if they aren't practical, do bring us happiness. So it's helpful to think about prioritizing and using storage solutions rather than just minimizing and tossing things out...

So that's why it's hard for me to make decisions about what to get rid of and what to keep: I have an emotional attachment to most of the  things that clutter our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment