Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Heritage Flower Garden

One of the loveliest public gardens in our part of Ottawa is the one found at the Keg Manor, a restaurant housed in an old farmhouse in the middle of the city.









Next to it, a walled garden that was originally the farm's vegetable garden, is now a formal flower garden cared for by volunteers.











I come to see what's in bloom...

Are there any flowers I could add to our flower beds?

I don't have these...







I noticed monarch butterflies flitting around...

(When do they head south?)










I left - inspired to make asters my next garden addition.

The butterflies seem to like them, too.

I used to have pink asters, but they disappeared a few years ago - probably crowded out by other encroaching blooms.

There are asters in various colors here.



After wandering around, I sat and rested for a bit on one of the garden benches - placed in honor of volunteers who have worked in this garden continuously for over 25 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment