Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Happpier At Home

These days, I've taken to listening to audio books while I knit.

My latest from the public library is called: Happier At Home. It's the account of one New York City apartment dweller's quest to make her home a happier place for her husband, her two young daughters and herself. As a writer, she works out of a home office, so she spends a lot of time at home.

In the early stages of her "happiness project" - she is focusing on making favorite spaces even more attractive.

(Interestingly, there appears to be a correlation between beauty and happiness!)

One idea that jumped out at me was her decision to put her measuring cups and spoons in a basket... to organize them and make them more attractive. It's a small thing, but I like that idea!

After trying a basket, I realized that I like things to be visible. Maybe this glass container will work... But it's heavy - and I don't know where to keep it.

(Organizing presents problems of its own!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment