Friday, July 20, 2018

Random Strokes

I thought of the infinite monkey theorem as I watched my two-year-old granddaughter gleefully type on my iPhone, her fingers just the right size for the little keys!

She even managed to get a spreadsheet going - I've never even tried that on the Notes app of my phone!

The "Infinite Monkey Theorem" states that an infinite number of monkeys typing an infinite number of key strokes will eventually type the complete works of Shakespeare.

(I'd be shocked if random typing managed to recreate even one of his sonnets!)

I guess the underlying idea is that enough randomness will eventually create order (and meaning)?






Hmmm.

So if I just add to the mess on my messy desk, will it mess itself into order?!

(It would be nice... But I really don't expect that to happen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment