Saturday, July 28, 2018

Late July Flowers in Bloom

Summer is only half over, but most of my perennials have already finished blooming!

When spring arrives late - as it did this year - I always hope their blooming season will last longer...










But it never does!









Instead, the flowers rush to bloom!












These are ones I associate with late summer...












Are there any flowers still to come...?!












Some, that I planted years ago, have left the flower beds and spread to the grass - which, in our long dry heat, has become dormant.

Much of the greenery on the lawn is weed... I haven't been able to do any weeding either this year...






On the plus side, this may be why I'm noticing a few flowers that didn't bloom last year. I wondered then if I had accidentally pulled them out...







The garden isn't perfect, but I appreciate the flowers that are in bloom...

And I remind myself: They'll be back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment